Friday, September 7, 2007

Minutes of meeting

Last week, I was on a technical meeting about natural gas counters of Kazeroon combined cycle power plant. The meeting was held on Mapna (Iran Power Plant Projects Management) company. I was there as a consultant and tried to persuade the contractor to buy local counters, but they didn't want to do that. Finally the client(Iran Power Development Company) stated that I am right and according to the contract, contractor should implement local counters but according to value engineering they can neglect the counters!!!

Have you ever heard about value engineering? I think it is discussed in industrial engineering, but I'm sure that its meaning has been changed in Iran's industrial projects. It is funny and also painful. What's your idea

No comments: